Sign in to follow this  
bob.bernstein

Best tools for batch proccessing for quality Dxt1 w/alpha?

Guest PaulL01

I am seeing slight data corruption using the Martin Wright's great Convim w/dlls (latest versions) some times the 0-0-0 rgb values that are used to get alpha mask are changed to 1-1-1 (only near adjacent colored pixels).I verified that the original 24bit bmp data is clean (0-0-0) but that after conversion to Dxt1 via Convim the corruption occurs.I have preferred MW's programs for the high quality conversions and mipmaps over previous MS tools as the results of the MS tool was very poor mips and the results were completely unacceptable.My bmps are 10000x10000 in size and result in more than 1400 dxt1 bmps.thoughts and comments appreciated.Thanks.

Guest PaulL01

>Elrond Elvish wrote a handy tool, I like it..its in the>library...fstexconvert.exe>>>BThanks Bob,Using the Nvidia method solved the problem for now, but I am in touch with Martin and there may be perhaps an update to help.Thanks again for the help, and responding to this old koot!Take Care.