Sign in to follow this  
arno

Effects and TransformCall

Hello allI'm trying out the possibilities with the use of effect lights instead of the Light(..)-command in SCASM for my custom runway and approach lights macro. After FS2004 the Light()-command is almost useless because of the short range the lights have. With the use of Light() in my macro I have the possibility to place the lights around with x y z values. For my approach light poles I have used TransformCall. Now that I'm replacing the lights with effects I need to place my effects with x y z values as well. To do this I've tried using Gobj under a TransformCall. Example:TransformCall( :loc1 -25 1 30 0 0 0 0 0 0 )...:loc1 GObj( EFFECT fx_smoke_r.fx 0 ) CallLibObj( 0 000000033 022130880 002060800 000000012 )ReturnHowever, the GObj don't seem to be affected by the TransformCall, while the library object does. (see the screenshot below). Are there any other ways to do this? And by the way, have any of you experienced problems with the use of many effects in the same area?http://home.online.no/~kjbersas/div/screens/endu/tfc.jpg

This is a known problem, you will have to make a new RefPoint for each light you want to place. You can do this with the automatic RefPoint calculation in SCASM, then you can just enter the x and y values for the translation.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Or if you are using the new GMax gamepack you could also try to attach all the lights to one single object there. That might be easier then doing all the different RefPoints (but it would only work in Fs2004 then).

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog