Sign in to follow this  
Guest herbie49

Parameters for command prompt

Guest herbie49

Hi,It's me again, where can I look for a tutorial for command prompt parameters. thanks herbie49

What kind of program would you like to use the command prompt parameters with?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest herbie49

I would like to compile a xml file to bgl file.I have bglcomp installed in C:Program FilesFS2004SDKBGLCOMP_SDKbut when I write in command prompt bglcomp AP111111.xml I get this:'bglcomp' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file. If I drag and drop a file it's working but not with all files.I decompiled a bgl file from FS9 scenery to a xml file with drag and drop compiled it ok then I tried another one from the same directoryand nothing was compiled. I think if I could compile it with command prompt I could see the error message.

If you want to call BGLComp like you did from the command prompt, you need to have it setup on your path. Otherwise the program can not be found. You could also call BGLComp with its full path while compiling, like this:C:Program FilesFS2004SDKBGLCOMP_SDK AP111111.xml

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest herbie49

That's what I get when I compile AP975310.xml and this is a default file I did not change anythingERROR:ERROR: This LEG is missing some of this required part (00000801 00004801) Missing: Time or Distance, ERROR C2031: Failed element parse ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR:ERROR: This LEG is missing some of this required part (00000801 00004801) Missing: Time or Distance, ERROR C2031: Failed element parse ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR:ERROR: This LEG is missing some of this required part (000009C1 00004BC1) Missing: Theta, Time or Distance, ERROR C2031: Failed element parse ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR:ERROR: This LEG is missing some of this required part (000009C1 00004BC1) Missing: Theta, Time or Distance, ERROR C2031: Failed element parse ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR:ERROR: This LEG is missing some of this required part (000009C1 00004BC1) Missing: Theta, Time or Distance, ERROR C2031: Failed element parse ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR:ERROR: This LEG is missing some of this required part (00000801 00004801) Missing: Time or Distance, ERROR C2031: Failed element parse ERROR C2032: XML Parse Error! Element tree follows:ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR: ERROR:ERROR: Compilation errors detected, compilation failed!Parse complete!C:Program FilesFS2004SDKBGLCOMP_SDK>

The reason you are getting errors is the reverse engineering decompiler/disassembler made errors during the decompile/diassemble.This is a known problem with both bglx150.zip and newbglanalyze.zip.I recommend you use the decompiled/disassembled data as reference only and build your project from known parameters.W. Sieffert

If you mean basic syntax for the windows command prompt, it all comes from DOS. If you get a book on dos (I still refer now and then to my old ref manual for dos 6.2.2) you'll see 90% of the commands that work at the prompt. Do google on DOS tutorials...I'll bet you'll find good info.B

I would just like to reiterate exactly what W. Sieffert has posted. XML has a very strick set of rules and when a decompiler corrupts the conversion from bgl to xml it will never compile back to bgl.Even if you get the xml compiled you have lost about 35 percent of the original bgl in the areas of airport ID's, locations, taxiway signs and not to mention all the recip ILS navaid info you errors are displaying.There can be 50 to 100 airports in just 1 AP******.bgl because they use a boundry of sectors and not just 1 airport.Like Bill says, it's best to write your own XML and then the compiler works perfectly.Hope this is helpful also

Guest herbie49

I thank everybody for the replies and help.If I make my own xml will it overwrite the default taxiwaysigns because some of the signs at WSSS default airport are not very good positioned.

If you have several, not the whole airport full, signs that are out of place, try making a new file with multiple small excludes for those signs, then add new signs at the correct locations.W. Sieffert

Guest herbie49

Thanks again, I copied the airport WSSS out of the xml file and made a new xml file for WSSS changed the position and add some more signs.Now I could compile this xml file. With the original AP975310.xml file I just delete all the errors like Transition approach, now I could compile this file either. I still have to find out what will be lost at an approach at this airports. But I made AFCAD files for this airports so maybe it will be O.K.I would also thank Bob I searched for the Dos tutorials and Ifound some useful stuff.