Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joe

Forrest Fires...

Im not a scenery designer but had a question and an idea I thought might be of (marginal?) interest to some here. Being an inveterate tinkerer, I downloaded the MS special effects SDK. In it, I found instruction and some sample code on creation of a forrest fire. I compiled it and low and behold...a small fire now burns permanently east of KSEA. Very neat. It occurred to me as being a little surprising that given this very big "hint" on how to do this particular effect, that nobody has included it as a part of a scenery package...particularly out west and in S. California, where such things are very common in the dry summer season. Given that people have created "fire bomber" airplanes from everything from Dehavilland beavers to C-130's and the like, this seems like an interesting project.I focus my time on being a aircraft painter, and am happy to be in that rut! However this might be a very neat little addon if someone were interested.Thats my 5 cents worth today!Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Hello Eric,It is a great idea, and perhaps if more people are not doing this, it is because we all have our own projects that are important to us.It seems to me that there have been a number of scenery packages placed in the AvSim library dedicated to forest fires. In particular, a large group of scenery by a female(!) simmer - a rare thing.You might want to search the AvSim library first. And perhaps you might consider joining our group of scenery designers and start placing forest fires throughout the FS world. this would be a great addition.Best regards.Luis

Guest CapnCol

I have just finished an island that has a volcano (with crater) and thought of having lava etc bursting forth at certain times. This effects SDK seems to make it possible, but I just struggle to find the time as I am designing scenery and this is very time consuming.Maybe if I get some spare time!!!!!Colin

smoke would be the important part...That shouldn't be too hard - many smoke stack effects in the trees?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)