Sign in to follow this  
Guest jimkeir

Bglpatch.exe, can I use it in my uploads?

Guest Jan N

Hi,I have completed a modification of a Cell (LOD8 cell 397x77) northeast of Alesund airport Vigra on the vest coast of Norway. I

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Sure, whatever you like. It was never officially released as such because it wasn't something I wanted to spend much time on. Also, I wasn't sure whether it was the right way to do things so I don't want to appear to be promoting it. Somebody asked for a tool and I was in a position to write it quickly, that's all.So... sure, do what you want with it. Make sure you downloaded the second copy (or download it again just in case) because the first corrupted VTP files.I'd certainly be interested to hear how you get on, and how it's received by people. Just make sure you tell your users how to un-patch, and how to restore the originals if all goes horribly wrong!Cheers,Jim Keir.

Guest Jan N

Hi again,Thank you for your kind answers Jim. I am sorry that I have not answered to this before but I have been too busy elsewhere. :+After further tests, it appears that although the patching of both the LWM and the VTP files works well, only the unpatching of the LWM is working satisfactory. The bglpatch program will not unpatch the VTP files like HL????...bgl and RD????..bgl. In addition, these VTP files appear in the SceneryBackup folder as write protected files. I still think the program is useful and that it is an advantage to be able to patch the original files rather than distributing ready patched original files. However to omit the unpatching error I have included in the dos-batch file that it will create a separate backup folder and then copy the original files to this folder before the lines containing the bglpatch commands. To unpatch I simply run an other batch file which copies back from the separate backup folder and deletes the selected files in the bglpatch created backup folder. This may work if the add on scenery and the batch files are installed in a particular place, for example in a folder created in the Addon Scenery folder in the default fs9 folder structure. However, it would obviously be better to solve the error in the bglpatch program. Unfortunately, I will personally not be available for these tasks for at least three weeks from now. So there you are. Is it any hope that you could fix it Jim? :(Btw, I did the tests yesterday and downloaded again yesterday to be sure I had the last version.Best regards Jan :)

Guest jimkeir

Hi.OK, I'll see if I can find anything. The files under SceneryBackup are delibarately set to read-only because after patching, these are the only source of information to either un-patch, or to copy the file back.Glad to hear the rest of it's being useful, anyway :)Cheers,Jim