Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Display setting problems.

Hi everyone, I have created a few buildings for my scenery using Gmax. I then grouped them together into an object library using Arno's XML object library creator. (BTW excellent program Arno!!) I then placed the buildings in my scenery as macros using FsArchtitect. Until now everything worked perfectly. The buildings showed in the scenery as well, but I encountered two problems: 1. The buildings only showed up once I set the display setting in Fs2004 to dense. Lower than that the buildings disappeared, even though I set the display setting to very sparse in FsArchitect.2. How am I going to adjust the V1 parameter for the buildings? I've tried modifying it from Architect and by manually editing the scasm code itself but it was useless!!Please Help!!RegardsDaniel

You must be making the GMAX library objects with the FS2002 MAKEMDL exporter, or you would have no need for Arno's Library Creator. If you ARE using the FS2004 MAKEMDL, the exporter already provides and *.XML and *.MDL file for creating the library object. The *.XML will have the library object GUID in place. You need to compile the *.XML file with BGLCOMP to produce the library object *.bgl file.Once you have the library object *.bgl file, you can make simple library object calling files using *.XML and BGLCOMP to compile them. I recommend downloading jetways2.zip for an example of making the library object calling files.W. Sieffert

Hi again and thanks for the reply but as such I don't think it makes that much of a difference whether I use Arno's program or not. All that Arno's program does is that it groups the objects into a library for you. You can still assign the GUID that the makemdl created in the xml file, in Arno's program.The thing is that with your system you have to place the objects by manually coding the coordinates etc.. via the xml file.I just want to place the objects via a program such as Airport or FSArchitect by creating macros and calling them through the GUID. As I said the buildings did show up in FS2004. The only problem is that they only appear when you set the density setting to dense and I can't control their visibility, range wise either (ie V1 parameter). I presume that there's either a problem with FSArchitect or with scasm. I also used the Scasm 2.95e but the problem still remained.This is the code that the scasm is creating for a particular building: MACRO: Hangar 3 Area( 5 35:51:44.488787 14:28:37.367274 8 ) RefPoint( rel :noObj 0.500000 35:51:44.488787 14:28:37.367274 v1= 14816 v2= 32767 ) RotatedCall( :rot 0 0 316.49 ) Jump( : ):rot CallLibObj( 0 6FEB874B 46B045F0 90971CA2 4ECE7E5E ) Return:noObj EndAHope it helps. I'm really frustrated.ThanksDaniel

I understand what you are saying about Library Creator. As a matter of fact, I used Library Creator when I made the two additonal sets of library objects for jetways2.zip. In that case, we were using the same gmax output *.mdl files but needed different GUIDs for each set because we provided three different colors of jetways. My only point was that the gmax export provides a GUID with every export.I can't answer your question about density settings, since I don't use FSSC. I do use Airport for Windows for FS2002 scenery. I will check to see if one has problems calling the new style library objects from AFW.I find using SceneGenX - http://www.airportforwindows.com/ or the FS2004 scenery SDKs easier for FS2004. I only use SCASM/BGLC types for those areas not updated to the new format in FS2004. I attached a text (xml) and compiled *.bgl file in a zipped file. If the object doesn't appear, I may have inputted the wrong LAT/LON.AFW requires that the macro be written outside of AFW, then included. I went through some of the SCASM help files. You might look at changing the Area type and range settings (A, 20) to see if it makes a difference. Secondly, I don't know what effect scale and v2= might be having in your Ref Point line.W. Sieffert

Hi Daniel,Are you using a macro for the placement or has Architect some sort of build in function to place library objects?>1. The buildings only showed up once I set the display setting>in Fs2004 to dense. Lower than that the buildings disappeared,>even though I set the display setting to very sparse in>FsArchitect.If the macro you are placing has no code to check the density it will never respond to these settings. For this you can use a line like below at the start of your macro.IfVarRange( : 0346 %12 5 )It could also be that GMax puts the density somewhere in the MDL file, but I have not yet seen that before.>2. How am I going to adjust the V1 parameter for the>buildings? I've tried modifying it from Architect and by>manually editing the scasm code itself but it was useless!!If you are using a macro then using v1= %10 %13 %14 in your RefPoint line should make sure the v1 and v2 value entered are used. The RefPoint line could then look like this:RefPoint( rel :noObj %4 %1 %2 v1= %10 %13 %14 )

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog