Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

A request please?

Guys, I fly often out of two airports that I have flown into many times in real life. KFTY (Fulton County-Brown Field) in Atlanta and KAUO, Auburn-Opelike Pitts Airport in Auburn Alabama. Both of which contain some scenery anomalies I am trying hard to correct with exclude bgls.At KAUO, this airport is directly north of I-85...which MS in its wisdom has located almost at the foot of RWY 36. Include some stupidly scaled billboards, which present a hazard to ILS landings on this runway. I would like to create an exclude file to blow away the billboards at the foot of the runway (there are about 3 of them there.)At KFTY, at the foot of RWY 32, there are a handful of generic buildings that are not there in real life and also present a hazard to landing at this airport. I would again like to blow these away.I have used ExcBuilder 2.0 to create XML to delete these and compiled using the BGL SDK (bglcomp.exe), but for some reason cant get FS9 to recognize them. Im not sure they are compiled correctly.Im not a scenery builder...would somebody take a crack at creating these for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.ThanksEric Joinerejoiner2 AT Bellsouth.net

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

The billboards are probably part of the road structure assigned to that area. You need to use defarea20.zip to remove the road from that layer.The buildings at KFTY are probably autogen. I tried using a flatten into that area but ended up with a deep chasm. An exclude does nothing for that area.W. Sieffert