Sign in to follow this  
arno

What are the differences between scenery generated by BGLComp and scenery generated by Annotator?

Guest aqui

Hi all!If I use xml programming for place buildings and I use BGLComp to compile the xml file, I get buildings that are controlled by Scenery option slider of FS2004. These buildings are visible from 30miles and aren't related by a texture.If I use Annotator Tool, I place buildings that are related by a texture and there are visible only by 5 miles. The control of the density of these buildings is on the Autogen slider of FS2004 video options.I'm working on a region of Italy with BGLComp, buth I can create only 595 buildings in a 25square km otherwise FS2004 crashes. I notice that if I add Annotator Tool Buildings, I can use more than 595 building in that area.Question is: can I create annotator tool like buildings using xml files and BGLComp?Thank you,RegardsAqui

You probably can. You would have to modify the autogen default.xml for the type area you have assigned. You would need to supply the library object as specified in the default.xmlBefore attempting to modify default.xml, I recommend making a copy of the default.xml file.I wonder what your FPS is going to be with so many buildings in either case!W. Sieffert

Guest aqui

Thank you for the response.I don't know how modify the default.xml file. There is a guide to do that?Best regards,Aqui

The autogen_sdk hasn't been released yet for FS2004. The FS2002 autogen_sdk gives details of using the Annotator program and other autogen items. However, FS2004 uses a different method with the default.xml file. As I looked through the file yesterday, it looks like the world may be divided into Regions, you need to know what region effects you are of the world.W. Sieffert

Yes, but I think those regions are the same as for the mesh terrain. There we already have that different textures are used in different regions. Would make sense to me if they had the same.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog