Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Ground2K4 - Coast but no land...

Hello Greg,It looks very good. Most likely, you will start to better understand the process the more you use Ground2K4, so don't worry too much about it now.From your screenshot, it appears that you have not yet excluded the default shorelines. If this is so, please do not forget to do this using the Exclude function ("X" icon).Good luck. Best regards.Luis

Yeah - they should be excluded in the northern reaches, but the southern part of the picture hasn't been addressed yet. It's an interesting flow of work - but in only a few short hours last night I was able to work up at least half the bay (and upper reaches near Fall River, MA) - the same time that I had been spinning my wheels throughout the week. First - Lay down the water/land masses and classes.Second - Lay down selected areas of shoreline + waves. Third - Lay down regional ponds.Fourth - Tweak and adjust the landclass assignments (I'm noticing that while there is landclass assigned to certain areas, the assignment doesn't fit the neighborhood)Fifth - Drop in other polys to represent golf courses, parks, swamps, etc. for more detail. It's a big project, but when I am done, I'll have a VERY accurate representation of the Rhode Island area. Man o' man - USA Roads HUGS the coastlines now. It looks great. -Greg