Sign in to follow this  

New Project: C-130 Family

Guest Lobaeux4

You're not getting carried away by going back to the '80's. I went to pope last week, dropped at sicily and normandy, mainly NVG, but we did do one SKE route. Could you imagine having a working SKE and online flying, doing a large package over Sicily? I bet a lot of people would get a kick out of that!Joe

We have two very good renditions of the C-130 for FS2002. One by Barry Blaisdell and the other one by Adrian Brausch (sp.).Why not do a C-5A Galaxy. No good version is available for this Giant.RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I was there from 82-86 and went back last summer for the 1st time.I definitly think the Herk is the best money the DOD ever spent as far as value.

Well, value? maybe a couple years back, but i can tell you that the Herks at Pope are ready for the scrappers torch. I'm on the phone with Warner-Robbins everyday trying to find new ways to keep them in the air. The 737 bulkheads and sloping longerons are losing the battle with paratrooper urine. I love the herks we have, but i'm ready for Juliet.

You're right about the Herc. That's disappointing, but a good C-5 would be fantastic. What does everyone think??? Earl

Guest Lizardo

The trouble with existing C-130 is not their looks or their toys, but they are not realistic fliers...not even close on take-off/land.

Is there one with a VC ?? I haven't seen one yet !!

Are those C-130s made with GMAX?

I would like to help with the GMAX modelling as I was already considering building a C-130 myself.

Here's how I feel. If there already exists two 130s, with the only problem being the FD, then I don't want to put the effort into making another visual model. Perhaps someone could fix the model on the existing 130s. I thought a lot about making the C-5, and it sounds like fun. Wouldn't it be cool to press E1 and the nose and main door open with the ramp and staris folding? Even cooler if I could figure out how to make it kneel? And a VC on that sucker would be great. Have you seen how roomy the cockpit is? Unless too many people object, I want to do the C-5. Earl http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...fcf793c799e.jpg

There's already a similar aircraft to the C-5 available, the more modern C-17 by POSKY right in the library.Perhaps another poll would be in order? ;-)Personally I'd like to see the default Cessna C208B Caravan upgraded to the SOLOY conversion form (850 Shaft HP - Steve Small did a flight model for it previously) since I just love that plane. Would have upgraded avionics and external models featuring the new engine cowling, one of them in Cargomaster form for use as Fed Ex livery. Would be relatively easy to create since you could base if off MS' model. But hey, this is just my preference, not forcing you or anything.BTW, while I don't expect you to have included any, will the Starship have any new sounds?-Leon Medado

That's true about the C-17, but I can't equate them. I still don't know...Maybe another poll...Who knows. The Starship will have default King Air sounds. I image they sound similar. I may modify the default interior sounds, though...Still don't know. It isn't even painted yet... Earlhttp://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...fcf793c799e.jpg

Actually considering the position of the engines and the configuration of the props (5-bladed pushers) it would probably sound quite different from the cockpit.You'll most definitely get more wind sound, a more pronounced drone, and less of a whine from the engines. Plus the avionics sounds could be a bit more advanced than those of the KingAir's. Though this is all educated speculation on my part.If you feel it would be worth it I can adapt my Turboprop Sound Enhancement package to your aircraft. It wouldn't be absolutely realistic but it would be a lot better than the defaults and much more appropriate to this type of aircraft.-Leon Medado

Guest Dominik Mann

Phew...so much good news at once! :D First of all I'd like to say that I'm really looking forward to the Starship. We've already got more of those King Airs and Cessnas than we'd ever need - the 'Ship should be a very nice change from that! On a side note, have you thought about doing the Piaggio Avanti, too? Kind of similar in being a "next generation" business turboprop and just as handsome (IMHO :-) ).About your next project, I, too, tend to prefer the C-5...it's just bigger and a whole damn bit meaner :-) . The ultimate choice is up to you, of course...but in case you should decide to go ahead with the C-130 anyway, might I suggest doing the DC-130 drone carrier version? These were always my favourite Herkies, what with their colourful liveries (and those day-glo drones under the wings)...Just some suggestions, though ;-) !

Guest Lizardo

I happily bow to the desires of the designer, whatever done will be good and appreciated. :) However to call any C-130 out here "adequate" is stretching things, I think...or pherhaps they are "just adequate". Do you know they commonly take off in 2,000ft? Guess what all the sims do. (they also sound like turbos, not jets). And even in 2D..it's a distinctive cockpit. Nothing personal to anyone, but it will take a new C-130 to make a accurate one.