Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Display flight

I have an addon airport which has a couple of Tiger Moths doing loops :(This seemed to suggest that one could create a typical Spitfire airshow display, ie loops, rolls, low fly past etc.I have searched the forums and the web for tutorials on how I might implement this, but the only references I can find are for FS98 and FS2000. Are any tutorials/programs available for FS2004?Obviously it would be easier to use a recorded flight for the flightpath, but if necessary I could create 3D coordinates.Thanks in anticipation of a flood of advice,George

Guest gorchi

Hi George!Seemd that You want to create dynamic scenery. I suggest You to use FSDyn! for example and using one of these planes record the flight. You must:1. record the flights using appropriate aircraft2. create macros of the planes You want to use3. put these macros into the library4. after that You can decompile BGL produced by FSDyn! via BGLAnalyze for example, change the calls for patterns to calls for the objects (use instruction CallDLibObj()) and5. finally You can compile the change dynamic scenery path BGL (that You have decompiled using BGLAnalyze) and take a look in FS. It will work in FS98, 2000, 2002 and 2004, the only thing that can prevent showing in all these FS' are aircraft macros.It might seem very difficult and it is if You have never made any scenery or do some tweaking in SCASM code. Otherwise, the hardest part is step 2.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Thank you Goran,I'm off to find FSDyn and a tutorial on how to create aircraft macros.George

>the hardest part is step 2.Well, I have now got FSDyn!, the only reference to macros is DynKit which uses FSFS aircraft converted by the FS98 converter.Where do I get or how do I create macros? (I have FS2002 and FS2004 loaded and have the original FS98 disks).George

Guest gorchi

Hi George!As I already told You, this is the hardest part. There are many ways to make such macros:1. creat aircraft (simple model) by Yourself2. take a look at for available models on for example www.freeflightdesign.com and finish the model by Yourself3. use MDL converter on existing flyable plane like MDL2BGL here http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/mdltobgl/ and produce API's by Yourself. But beware, that this tool works mostly on FS98-2000 models!After You have API, then You'll need to put these planes in library. But befeore You do, I strongly recommend You to put these API's in FSSC/Airport for Windows and check out the visual state of the model. Good luck! Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Thanks again Goran,It seems as though FSDS is the way to go.George

Hi Goran,I have created an api and and an sca and imported it into Airport for Windows then created a bgl. You said above that I needed to view the model in Airport then put it in the libary. How do I put it in the library?Also, with a stretch of the imagination, the view in Airport could be a Spitfire, what do you think?George

Hi Goran, (this is getting to be a monologue)I've figured out what you meant by "put it in the library", so I've done that. I'm now off to create the path (flight).Thank you for your assistance,George

Thanks Goran,I finally created a preliminary display flight. Here is a Nimrod at the RIAT Fairford show of 2003. The texture needs to have the wire aerial removed but it's coming together.3.jpg7.jpgGeorge