Sign in to follow this  
mgh

ATC - TAXIWAY PROBLEM

I've created a new airfield with AFCAD221 and included a parking spot and two taxiways (ALPHA and BRAVO)When I call ATC for depature taxiway instructions, the text on the screen correctly says via ALPHA, BRAVO but the voice instructions give a much longer list of taxiways, including others than those I've specified.The AFCAD fault finder shows no faults.Any ideas?TIA

If you press the lists menu item, taxiway designations, what is listed? If more than the A and B are listed, click on each letter and view what get lit up.W. Sieffert

I've got:Designator Usage"" (blank) 0ALPHA 8BRAVO 2

Guest winther

No offence, but I'm just trying the obvious here:The ATC isn't directing you through: ALPHA-LIMA-PAPA-HOTEL-ALPHA and to BRAVO-ROMEO-ALPHA-VICTOR-OSCAR is it?You know: A=ALPHA, B=BRAVO, C=CHARLIE ...Y=YANKIE(EE), Z=ZULUBut as I said, no disrespect meant if this isn't it..../Ketil

Ketil,I think you hit the nail square on the head. Looking through the decompiled ATC wave files, ALPHA, BRAVO, etc. are not listed. There are various listings for A-Initial, A-Middle, A-Trailing, and A-Phonetic, etc. If the wave files are played, they say the phonetic ALPHA.If one looks at a default AFCAD, the use of a single letter results in ATC directing taxi using the phonetic for the letter. If more than one character is used, e.g., A1, ATC uses the Initial-Middle-Trailing phonetic for the character string.The taxiway name is allowed eight characters max. However, if the taxiway name in real-file is ALPHA, only the A is required for ATC to say ALPHA. The eight characters is probably overkill in most cases.W. Sieffert

Thanks both you. You were rightI should have engaged brain first.... :(