Sign in to follow this  
arno

Turn platform - FS2002

Guest rgerassi

Hello,First of all sorry for my lack of experience, I am a fresh newbie in scenery design.I am designing a local airpot for FS2002. I have downloaded and installed the following programs:1) Airport for Windows (updated)2) FSSC (updated)3) EOD (updated)4) GMax (V1.2)5) FS2002 Scenery SDK6) FSREGEN (updated)My question is: the airport's runway has a semi-circle in each threshold (I don't know the exact word for that in english), so the planes have to backtrack, turn into this 'platform' and line up for takeoff. I wonder how can I implement these 'platforms' in any of the programs above. I already have the runway, navaids and alike done in either FSSC and AFW, but I don't know how should I add these platforms in either program.Once again sorry for my lack of experience, any help will be very welcome !Cheers,Ricardo RamosSBFI / BRAZIL

Guest gorchi

Hi!Everything that is on the ground can be done with either FSSC or with Airport for Windows. With both of these programs You can lay down runways, ground polygons (for aprons, smooth curves in taxiway crossings, etc), taxiways and also put objects in the scenery via macros made by EOD, FSDS or GMAX. We (scenery designers) recommend to put objects in library and than You must create calling API which will call these objects from library. Putting GMAX objects in library can be done using with one of Arno Gerretsen's programs, API's can be produced with FSREGEN.May I mention that at least once a month almost the same question appears here so please do use SEARCH feature on this forum and on www.scenerydesign.com/forum and take a look at these answers.Best regards,Goran BrumenFS Slovenija 2002 teamhttp://slovenia.avsim.net

Small note, my program, Library Creator XML, mentioned by Goran is only for Fs2004 scenery, not for Fs2002. So you can forget it here.In both FSSC and Airport you must be able to just draw a polygon where the turnaround platform must be. If you make sure the layer is lower then 24 it will not be displayed on top of the runway.Last remark, it seems you are using both Airport and FSSC. As both programs do exactly the same it is probably best to use only one of them. Just try which one you like best and stick with that one.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog