Sign in to follow this  
arno

Library and SceneGenX

Guest TIMY

Hi to everybody to realize my sceneries I are created me with Gmax the objects, and then the library (cars, houses, floating etc) with the characteristics typical of my country. I have taken then SceneGenX, and with a background image of a topographical map 1:25000, hoped to be able to position to the best my objects. Unfortunately SceneGenX doesn't visualize the real dimension of the object but it identifies it with a simple square or a triangle, he succeeds me difficult therefore to understand if the object is justly positioned. Does someone have a solution??? Or does it know another fit program to the purpose?? Thanks Antonio

Hi Antonio,No, as far as I know there is no program that shows the shapes of library objects in the new format.I have discussed this with the authors of SceneGenX, hopefully they can do something about it in the future. The main problem is that the shape was defined in a special section of the old API macro, a section that was not compiled and only used by programs like Airport to extract the shape from. With the XML code there is not such a section, so it will be more difficult to get the shape information.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest TIMY

OK Arno thanks a lot. If there were not you should invent you. :-))) Thing you would recommend me to do??? The problem is that with GMAX the altimetries of the objects are difficult to be managed, if I found a way to make him that the objects of a bookstore that a scenery composes they adjusted him to the altitude of the mesch, I would have resolved my problem. Besides I know few the language English, and therefore some SDKs of microsoft are for me very incomprehensible. Hi and he anchors Thanks Antonio

GMax is not really meant to place a lot of objects and therefore it is not possible to adjust the altitude there. If you want to place multiple objects and they should follow the mesh terrain you should place them with SceneGenX or XML code (using GMax would place them all in one big object with one altitude).So, that brings us back to your initial problem :). You write you have a background image set up. If you have design the different objects accurate (with a size you know) I think it should be possible to place them on the map without knowing their size exactly, just place them at a certain interval. This might take some trial and error in the beginning, but I think it is the only easy way to do so.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog