Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

Crash at a point.

Guest JoeW

I'm having a problem with a crash at N48 43 39 W125 04 56. Can someone tell me which bgl is there? I can fly south past this point and it goes.... flying north produces a crash to desktop.The only sceneries in this area are the north west corner of the FSG West Coast Mesh. I have uninstalled this and I still get the crash.I feel it's in the default bgl at this point. If I know which bgl it is, I can extract it from the CD.ThanksJoe W.

Hi Joe.I tried it, and didn't get a crash. Both LWMviewer and TCalc2004 tell me the default BGLs are the ones with the ID number of ??914140.bglAFCAD2 files can produce nasty crashes hundreds of miles from their placement. The AFCAD error checking doesn't always fine the problem... often odd or duplicate start locations.Dick

Guest JoeW

So... The cure is to rename one by one all the AF2 files in the Addon sceneryscenery folder...... ManThis is a map of the problem. As I said.. Flying south along the red line is OK.. as are the green line. North on the red line is a No Go.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/84564.jpg

Guest JoeW

Well...... I found the problem. Dick was right on as usual. In FS2002 I updated an airport in Concrete Washington 3W5 and the AI was landing about 30 feet over the runway in FS9. Peter Mc also cured this problem at Lago's Diamond Point 2WA1. The cure was to make a dupe of the AFCAD file and place it in the FS9sceneryworldscenery folder. The file names are cor_AF2_3W5.bgl and PMcCorrected_AF2_2WA1.bgl. If you have either of these in the FS9sceneryworldscenery folder, Rename them from a bgl to a bak.It seem that we cannot have duplicate AF2 files anywhere.I'm sorry to have caused this and I'm sorry to report that Paul Mc's file was also the cause. Either of these files that are active in the FS9sceneryworldscenery folder will cause a CTD at that point.Jw