Sign in to follow this  
Guest davidglaister

GMAX Error

Guest davidglaister

Hi,Quite some time ago I made some scenery objects with GMAX, more than likely the first version.I am trying to make the objects with v1.2 of GMAX for FS2004 in the xml format and make the into a library object.I have loaded and converted some objects without problems, but one object is causing errors when exporting from GMAX as a scenery mdl.==================================================================The error is:MakeMDL was not found, or failed to convert the model specified C:...Check your system path to ensure MakeMDL is on it.===================================================================followed by:Export module failure===================================================================And the log file reads:Running modelStart! (C:Documents and SettingsDavidDesktopGMAX_PROPPropInn)Loading X C:Documents and SettingsDavidDesktopGMAX_PROPPropInn...Processing...Model units are 1.00 units/meterSorting by Material...Optimize Parts...Welding...Generate BGL...Done!Generate crash tree 1 (680 bytes) Assembling: C:Documents and SettingsDavidDesktopGMAX_PROPPropInn.azmC:Documents and SettingsDavidDesktopGMAX_PROPPropInn_0.asm(46) : error A2005: symbol redefinition : texture_riff_start_PropInnC:Documents and SettingsDavidDesktopGMAX_PROPPropInn_0.asm(54) : error A2005: symbol redefinition : texture_riff_end_PropInnC:Documents and SettingsDavidDesktopGMAX_PROPPropInn_0.asm(59) : error A2005: symbol redefinition : texture_riff_start_PropInnC:Documents and SettingsDavidDesktopGMAX_PROPPropInn_0.asm(67) : error A2005: symbol redefinition : texture_riff_end_PropInnError!===================================================================I have found that if I delete the texture material from the material library, the mdl is produced without errorsAny ideas?Thanks, David

Humm, very strange. It seems that the texture list is defined twice in your source file (and that gives the errors). I have never seen that GMax does something like this wrong.Are you using a strange texture format or name or so?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest davidglaister

Thanks for the reply, you gave me the clue to almost fix it.I had an XXX.bmp and XXX_lm.bmp defined in the materials library, not sure why, I made this object 2-3 years ago.I deleted the light map texture, so that I just had the one material for the object. Now everything works fine.Next question is how do I get the night lighting back again?David

Guest davidglaister

Well, I refreshed my memory with the requirements to use night lighting with GMAX, put the texture back in to the materials library, and now... everything works.I can only assume it was some problem caused by different versions of GMAX, makemdl or OS(98 & XP).Thanks for your help, David.