Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

Ground2K and AFCAD

I have now managed to succesfully complete an AFCAD visual rendering of all the runways, taxiways and aprons at CYVR and have replaced the airfield grass with a Ground2k file. I have excluded the default buildings with an XML file and my AFW terminal buildings are displaying correctly. Taxiway signs have been placed with the CreatSign program of Vladimer SvobodaI would like to try Ground2k for the various roadways around the airport on Lulu Island(rather than using the AFW roadways), but I am running into problems where the roadways are supposed to lie over the AFCAD aprons associated with some of the miscellaneaous commercial and aviation buildings around the airport. When displaying, the AFCAD aprons always overwrite the Ground2k roadways even though I have increased the layer value of the roadways to 60. There are several areas where it is both unrealistic and impractical to create individual aprons for each building, leaving the grass between them where the roadways would show.Anyone have any ideas on how I can have the Ground2k roadways show over the AFCAD aprons, or should I revert to the AFW roadways?NigelVancouver

No, it is not possible to place VTP roads over AFCAD scenery. Part of the AFCAD scenery are always drawn after the mesh (VTP) scenery.On the other hand I would not advise using the old AFW/SCASM roads anymore. These also seem to give a lot of trouble (autogen exclusion etc).Maybe you can draw your roads as polygons in AFCAD?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog