Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

AutoAsm and Overflow error

Hi,I'm trying to create some roads using an image from TS 2.1 and I'm stuck with the overflow error. The image is a bitmap 4212x4202 8-bit.I know is related to the X and Y but I don't know what to do.Help!Jay Pi

Guest cwright

Hi Jay, unfortunately the Y size needs to be a multiple of 4 so you would need to resize the bitmap to 4212x4204. To do this you need a paint program such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop. There are also some freeware paint programs that would also be suitable, though I don't have any links to them. Best regards, Chris

Thanks!Another question, I got everything working except that I don't see the roads that were compiled. I got no errors and the bgl is in the addon folder. I wonder if the layer number is correct. I used 7.Regards,Jay Pi

Your XY lat/lon may be off. U need a - in front of longitude for USA as an example. The roads are possibly there but "elsewhere".I really do not pay any attention to layers. Perhaps if you wanted to insure that a small section of photpreal scenery around an airport was dominant then it would matter. Since the program manages everything except placed items (buildings, etc.) and Autogen I just let it run...Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest cwright

Hi Jay, as Dick says, your coordinates could be wrong. Here's a tip:1. Check that the FLIGHT SIMULATOR PATH slot has the correct path to the main FS directory (e.g. c:fs2004).2. Read in the scenery.3. Click on a road so it's highlighted in green.4. Click on RUN FS (just above the map). Irrespective of what coordinates are set, this will open FS and place you at the point you selected on the map display. If there is a valid bgl in FS (which seems to be the case) then you will see your scenery. It will then be immediately apparent whether it is in the right location or not! You can also click on LWMViewer to view the scenery. I would suggest a higher level number - I normally use 8 but a higher value such as 16 shouldn't do any harm and should certainly he high enough to make the roads appear. Best regards, Chris