Sign in to follow this  
Guest The_Sarge

Looking For A Photo ....

Guest The_Sarge

....head-on shot of a military munitions storage bunker (igloo), preferably earth-covered. I'm making a macro to create a munitions storage area for a base I'm rebuilding. I have the igloo itself made, and texturized, and have the part ready for the front blast wall. I need a head-on shot of the igloo showing the sliding blast doors and door rail/mechanical box over the top of the door.I've spent the last two hours surfing and came up with zilch. Several angled views and side shots, but nothing head-on or close to it that could be used to make the texture.

Guest daveg4otu

There is a drawing of a USAF GLCM Bunker at Greenham Common (UK) here if it's any use- might be similar to what you're doing.http://www.megspace.com/politics/greenham/index_000007.htm Also on one of the other pages on the site there is a head- on photo altho I think the photo is of the bunker after the doors have been removed.Dave

Guest The_Sarge

>There is a drawing of a USAF GLCM Bunker at Greenham Common>(UK) here if it's any use- might be similar to what you're>doing.> Also on one of the other pages on the site there is a head->on photo altho I think the photo is of the bunker after the>doors have been removed.Unfortunately, it's the head-on of the door that I need. Good presentation on Greenham, though; I didn't have much to do with GLCM; it was withdrawn before I did my tour-of-duty with Hq SAC/IGW.The drawing was a good find, though; looking at it and comparing the apparent sq ft inside means I did a pretty good guess at the dimensions of the macro I'm making. Now if I could just get that head-on of the blast door.At this point, I'm just looking for the door. I'll texturize the wall, then make a part for the door and put the door texture on it and join it to the wall. Or the full frontal shot ... whichever comes first.