Sign in to follow this  
nigelgrant

Sporadic Texture Display at CYVR

My latest version of CYVR is currently in beta testing and I have retained most of my FS2002/2004 terminal buildings, which have been created with EOD and NovaSim. I use AFW. The whole airport has been shifted so that the runways coincide with the default which will allow the VATSIM fliers to use my scenery. I have added quite a few new buildings, taxiway signs and some bridges and land texture. In addition I have used AFCAD to display all the runways, taxiways and aprons, the big advantage of this approach being the AFCAD display also includes all the taxiway lines etc. The textures at the west and east ends of the largest Air Canada hanger (in the north east corner of the airfield) appear sometimes and not other times when they are a grey

Guest JoeW

"I have retained most of my FS2002/2004 terminal buildings, which have been created with EOD and NovaSim."I think the above is your problem. Try FSDS v2.24 from Abacus. Those programs were great in FS2000 and 2002 but can cause the problem that you describe in FS9. Thats my experiences.Joe W.

For EOD that might be true, but NovaSim uses the same floating point commands as FSDS2 or GMax (Fs2002 gamepack), so that should not be the problem.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

This is a longshot, but check to see that your object with the erratic textures isn't being loaded twice. I once "accidently" placed two instances of an object at the exact same location, and I had problems similar to those that you describe. Another time, I created a building with a pyramid-style peaked roof, and the textures on the room wouldn't show properly. It drove me nuts, but I finally figured it out; I had created the roof part by building a cube. Then I took the four top vertexes and collapsed them inwards in the X and Z dimensions (FSDS2 universe). Well, what I didn't do was "weld" those four points together into one, and that is what was causing my problem. So, if your object has some funny corners on it, you might want to check for stuff like this.I don't think that the fact that it is an EOD object would cause this effect, but if you are having chronic problems with this object, then it might be best to start from scratch and redesign that object using Novasim. - Martin