Sign in to follow this  
Guest JoeW

Use of dirtroad.bmp etc.............

Guest frankbergson

Does anyone know of any scenery area of North America where FS2004 actually displays roads using the textures:dirtroad.bmpdirtroadhw.bmpdirtroadsu.bmproadsAsu.bmphiwayAsu.bm;For Test Spotting, I replaced all of the above with well tested textures consisting of plain bright yellow and have not seen any roads show up using any of these texures.anyone know about this?thanx...........frank

Hi Frank,interesting question. The answer should be in your terrain.cfg, as it defines all the different road types and their seasonal textures. As far as I know, all of the ones you list above, except for the first one, are used by FS9 but I haven't checked specifically in the RD9*.bgl files (you can laod and decompile any one of those with Jim's LWMViewer).Cheers, Holger

Guest Larry S

FrankI'm not sure if this helps. I don't know of any default scenery. This is an area I did for my own use. Just south of Mt Rainier. I used to do a lot of backpacking there and wanted it to look real. If you're editing the textures or whatever, the logging roads should use those textures.Slew to N46 45.59 W121 54.51. About 10,000 ft, heading of 169. You should see the Bertha May Lakes and lots of logging roads. Hope this helps.

Guest JoeW

Try WAHR - Heathers Ranch . I used the dirtroads in ground2k4 there to connect the ranch to the default road so you cab drive to KCLM to the Hearther Air Facilities there.Joe W.

Guest frankbergson

Thank you.I am interested in locating areas where the default scenery makes use of "dirtroads".As an experiment, I replaced the dirtroad bmp's with a blank bright yellow texture, and have not been able to locate any areas where FS2004 actually makes use of this texture.Is the location you mentioned a custom made road or original fs scenery?......frank

Guest JoeW

Custom road with the default textures.Joe W.