Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

AutoAsm and roads

Hi,For some reason, I'm not seing the results in fs2004. The image from TS2.2 got split in autoasm. I don't know what I did wrong. Anyway, I proceeded to compile it and once I ran fs2004 I didn't see any of the roads. I tried the circle tutorial and I didn't see the island, but I did see the wave thru the gound texture.The first screenshot is the project window with the splitted roads. The second shot shows the original TS2.1 bitmap.Any Ideas?

Well,I renamed the bgl created by AutoAsm to rd930250.bgl and renamed the original rd930250.bgl to rd930250.bgx and now the scenery is working.I don't know why!I'm still having problems with the way AutoAsm is cutting the image in half.Help guys!Jay. Pi.

Guest cwright

Hello Jay, that's very odd. I haven't seen that happen before! Here are some things to try:1. Load the bitmap into the editor. Does it look okay?2. With it loaded, do a SEARCH - do you get the green banner?3. Are you using the latest version? There are three downloads, the original, the second update and the temporary update.4. Does it get cut in half on other bitmaps?5. What software did you use to convert to 8 bit .bmp format?6. After reading in the bitmap, if you click on a road line do you see the correct settings in the STATUS slot? The circle tutorial may not work with the latest version. A good one to try would be TS_demo, which is part of a TS bitmap. It would be useful to verify that this works correctly on your system. Also, remember that some of the documentation is out of date and may even be wrong. I hope to have a completely new release with accurate documentation in another month or so. If you can't fix the problem feel free to email me the project in a zip - send the bitmap plus the project .ini and .dat files (if the project name is test, test.ini and test.dat in the settings directory). Best regards, Chris

Thanks Chris,I got all the updates for autoasm posted. I use Photoshop. Now, I chose to render a bigger area and this time it didn't split the image! Everthing is working better now. For future updates of your program, I would recommend to change the filename naming convention because it causes fs2004 to not load the bgl. Ex. project1.asm_vtp.bgl wouldn't be recognized in my system because of the double "." in the filename.Great program, it saves a lot of time!Thanks!

Guest cwright

I'm glad it's working now! In the OUTPUT FILE slot, remove the .asm extension and it'll be fine (the AutoAsm convention is that you don't enter extensions such as .bmp or .asm). So if you enter 'test' the scenery files will be test_vtp.bgl and test_lwm.bgl, which will work fine. Best regards, Chris