Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Flatten switch in FS2004?

Hi,I would like to know how I can add a "flatten switch" in the Scenery.cfg file in FS2004.The scenery I would like to flatten is the default runway at LIPR (Rimini) in Italy, since it is far from flat. (very bumpy ride for the aircraft):-)Where in the Scenery.cfg file do I add the "flatten switch"? And how should it be written?Fly safe, Staffan AhlbergSweden/Stockholm/ESSAMD-11 Panel Team - Beta testerMy specs are:Dell Dimension 4600 P4/3.0 Ghz512 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory128 Mb ATI Radeon 9800 ProCatalyst 3.9DirectX 9.0E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"240Gb (2x120) 7200rpm HD

Staffan

Hi Staffan,rather than adding a manual flatten switch into the scenery.cfg, which can only be rectangular and needs to added and removed by hand, I suggest you use Steve Greenwood's FSTFlatten instead, which allows any shape, nested flattens, and compiles the flatten as a separate bgl, which can be placed directly with the scenery (or in any active scenery subfolder). The utility is available here: http://www.fs-traveler.com/flatten.shtmlCheers, Holger

Thanks Holger,But I really only need a rectangulare flatten switch. So it doesn

Staffan

Hi Staffan,I see. Do a search for "flatten" AND "switch" in this forum and it'll bring up a couple of relevant threads.Cheers, Holger

The trouble is that you still need the same information to insert into the scenery.cfg file that would be in a flatten *.bgl. With the flatten tools recommended, it is a pictorial using FSUIPC and the flatten tools.W. Sieffert