Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

AutoAsm and Bridges

Guest victorwest

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can I use the AutoAsm auto bridge function when I have separate bitmaps for LWM and VTP lines of the same geographical area? I presume that it only works on bitmaps contaning both lines but I thought I'd check.Victor

Guest cwright

Hi Victor, it certainly isn't a dumb question! To use auto bridges, the bitmap must have the VTP and LWM lines. That's because the program uses the LWM polygons to determine whether a given road section is over water or not. For this feature to work it's also essential that you have a 'green banner' bitmap (ie perfect LWM polygons). Apart from this I would generally recommend using combined bitmaps for convenience. Roads can create breaks in water polygons but the SEARCH and other tools will find those errors, so it's easy to fix them. Thanks for raising this point, I'll try to remember to add it to the manual! Best regards, Chris