Sign in to follow this  
Guest MatthiasS

BGL filename dependency

Guest MatthiasS

I am having trouble with old BGL files, the format created by FS Design Studio or SCASM. When I have a lot of objects in a folder sometimes they objects don't show up in FS until I mess with the filenames.Is there any known dependency on filenames when using BGL files in an old format (pre FS 7 BGLs) ?Or is there a limit on how many similar files can be in a BGL folder ?Thanks,Matthias

The only thing I can think of is the order that the BGL files are loaded. BGL files are loaded by the priority of the directory they are located in. This is done when you add new scenery to FS. However, when there is more than one BGL file in a directory, then FS loads them alphabetically. So, generally speaking, you want to load your exclusion BGL files before your scenery BGL files so that you don't exclude scenery that you have just added, for example. This can also affect other types of scenery, like AFCAD files. If you have two AFCAD files for the same airport in one directory, the second AFCAD (the one that was loaded last) will usually exclude the first one, so the first one won't show up. This can be very frustrating, when you got and make changes to your "first" AFCAD file, and the changes don't show up until you change the filename.Well, it's just one idea. I hope it helps.- Martin

Guest MatthiasS

Thanks for the response, Martin.Logically it should have nothing to do with the file order but it may very well be the case. In my case I have several objects in a folder which contain just simple scenery (buildings, etc.), no exclusions, AFCAD data or whatever.The objects models are idential but their location is different. They are placed all over the world.When experimenting more I noticed it's not entirely a problem with the filename. I wish I could describe it better. It makes no sense to me at all.The weird thing is that if the problem occurs, non of the models of that folder show up at all. If I delete or rename a certain file, they all show up.Matthias