Sign in to follow this  
turner112

FS knows where its clouds are, right?

Just thinking:If FS knows where its clouds are, and there is a way to dump this information, is there a way to tell FS to substitute "shadowed" versions of its ground textures for its "lighted" ones? (At least for clouds that would cast distinct shadows)This way, FS wouldn't have to calculate the light path, it would just offset the individual cloud locations for its shadows according to the time.It's probably obvious that I know nothing about how this works... I also don't know the smallest "size" a ground texture can be, and if it's too big to be useful.Andrew

Hi, These implementation are in the code and will take another frame rate hit..Also the scenery shadows still not right..Better to implement thing right than implement and carrying stuff version over version.Clouds shadows in x-plane are totally unrealistic and not right.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

"These implementation are in the code and will take another frame rate hit.."Hi Chris - With all due respect, I have no idea what you mean! :)I don't see how any major graphic feature such as this could be added without affecting framerate anyway.Andrew