Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Ground2k - Ground2k4

Guest davidglaister

Hi,I have a project that I think I created some time ago with ground2k. A lot of work was involved in the project and I would like to convert the project for use in ground2k4.Is it possible to do this, or will I have to start from scratch.Thanks, David.

Guest davidglaister

Thanks for the advice. I have downloaded the program and converted the file, but when I try to load it into ground2k4 I get error 531.Any idea what that is?David

Hello David,In principle, Ground2K version 4 (for FS 2002) could read the files created by previous versions.In addition, Ground2K4 (for FS 2004) should be able to read files created by Ground2K version 4.So, it depends on which program you used to create the initial project.You might try loading your project and see what happens.If that does not work, you could get Ground2K version 4 (still in the library), and load it there. The project will be converted to a compatible version. Then, try loading it in Ground2K4, and again, the project will be converted.Good luck.Best regards.Luis

Guest davidglaister

Thanks, I loaded and resaved the file in a later version of ground2k and after converting the file will now load in ground2k4.Will the default switches for layers in the conversion program be ok?Thanks again, David.

Hello David,From what I remember, when you convert an old project, Ground2K4 asks if you wish to convert layer numbers to the new FS 2004 scheme.So, it depends on how you answered this.If your exclude is no longer working correctly, then just take a look at the exclusion window for each Area to see if everything is excluded.Best regards.Luis