Sign in to follow this  
Gary_Hayes

converting a model

I was new to gmax and didnt know the thing about meters and how flightsim will only use those....Well with this new makemdl and the xml file syou use it only will use meters and my model wont show if I leave it feet and export.but when I export it and its in meters its HUGE...like 300 feet tall lol.how can I fix my model from feet to meters and mot have to rebuild it?airport terminal BTWGary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

No i'm not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Well, you can scale it within GMAX. Just scale it down to 30% or so (1/3.28 = .30).Did you export your model from FSDS2? You weren't very clear about that, so I am guessing. Anyway, in FSDS2, you could just change the units to meters (under File|Preferences) and then export it into GMAX.- Martin

Gary,I think the configuration settings should do the trick. In there is a default setting for meters.BTW what happened to KLIT?RegardsShez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Well I had set the deminsions to meters and set the prefrences to 1.0 unit = 1 meter but now it shows like 120 meters for height lol and if I change the units back to feet it goes to 300+ feet tall...etc.so now I fear I have screwed myself.Gary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube

Maybe a stupid question but around 120 meter or 300+ feet sounds the same to me (both is around 120 meters :)). So could it not be that your model is just that big?Did you design it yourself in GMax or did you import it from somewhere?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

its my little rock airport terminal. I built it.No it was before 18 feet tall in the section i am testing lolso how it got that big is beyond me.Gary HayesNo im not a "real" pilot, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.P4 3.0ghz w/HT & FSB..GeForce FX 5900 ultra 256MB..1 gig PC3200 DDR RAM..Sound Blaster Audigy w/5.1 THX

Gary Hayes

My Youtube