Sign in to follow this  
arno

Road Textures - Always Default?

I use AutoASM to create roads, etc in FS2004. Unfortunately, the road texture is always shown as the default texture in areas that I have processed. Outside of those areas the "improved" replacement textures appear as expected. Is there a problem when creating VTP roads that always regress to the default value??? I have no idea where FS2004 gets the default texture since I have installed replacement textures that work?????Thanks,Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Have you maybe used a different type for the roads you placed yourself? If you look in the terraintextures.cfg file of FS you will see that there are a lot of road types and each is linked to a certain texture.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Thanks for the tip.. I has used the Terrain.cfg awhile ago to reduce the 10meter depth of streams to 3meters. Anyhow, it forced me to examine in detail the use of the road/hiway textures. It seems that AuroASM uses the hiwayAsu.bgl and roadsAsu.bgl instead of the normal "su" bgls. Do you, or anyone, know the purpose of the BGLs with the Capital A in the file name?Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

No, I have no idea. I looked at the files and they look completely the same to me. I think this is already for a future feature of FS, where we can see more difference in the roads. But at this moment I can see no difference between the two textures.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog