Sign in to follow this  

Blurry text on AC when viewed from 2,4,8,& 10 o'clock..

When viewing my aircraft from the 2,4,8,10 o'clock views the text gets washed out. How do I force those textures to stay put?Here is an example of what I'm seeing (not my thread, just example pics): Look at the first two shots, see the blurred text?http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID47/3041.htmlI've notice others with crisp looking pics from all angles so I know it can be done.Thanks

Okay, so that's how I do it.....................:-hangSeriously, come on, someone has to know. There have been several viewings of this post so it seems like others are interested as well. Anyway, bump, back to the top..................Thanks?

Just curious, but do you have mip mapping selected?? If so then try turning it off for the screenshots. It might be causing this type of blurring.Hornit

Brad - were the "crisp looking pics" from this aircraft with this texture or were they of something else ??... also I take it that you have A/C texture quality turned up to max?

>When viewing my aircraft from the 2,4,8,10 o'clock views the >text gets washed out. How do I force those textures to stay >put? >>Here is an example of what I'm seeing (not my thread, just >example pics): Look at the first two shots, see the blurred >text? >>http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID47/3041.html >>I've notice others with crisp looking pics from all angles >so I know it can be done. >>Thanks First, set your texture quality to high. The blurriness is none as mipmapping. The closer portion of the texture to your eye will be sharp. The farther portion will be blurry. Its a way of not bogging down the CPU. Also if you have a lot of settings set to high. Including, mesh quality, terrain texture, high quality audio, extend ground textures, shadows etc, The game has to make trade offs, and that why your plane texturs as well as terrain look blurry now and then.