Sign in to follow this  
siggy

Where can I find free or (relatively)cheap satellite im...

Guest flint008

To any knowledgeable person out there,I am trying to find free or cheap -- that is under USD$200 --satellite images of the Singapore. The images will be used in a scenery I am currently working on for FS2004. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Regards,David

Guest PaulL01

Hi David,What you are going to find is that you can get a lot for the money these days but full color, cloudless and high res of at least 4m/pix is going to cost $$$.I cant reccomend anyplace for Singapore as all the folks I have delt with save for Spot are local and only deal with the 50 US and Canada.What exactly are you looking for?

Guest flint008

>Hi David,>>What you are going to find is that you can get a lot for the>money these days but full color, cloudless and high res of at>least 4m/pix is going to cost $$$.>>I cant reccomend anyplace for Singapore as all the folks I>have delt with save for Spot are local and only deal with the>50 US and Canada.>>What exactly are you looking for?Hi Paul,I have recently created a FS2004 scenery depicting Singapore's Central Business District and am currently working on other aspects of the country. I am very new at scenery design and after having seen some great sceneries created using hi-resolution satellite photos I would like to use them as background for my scenery. Unfortunately most providers I have found charge at least $500. I was hoping there was a provider that had free or cheap hi-resolution images.Incidently, I have visited Rochester a number of times and can't wait to see your scenery project.Best regards,David

Try GlobeExplorer, not sure if they cover outside the US though.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Hi David,I guess what you want to create will then be payware ?Years ago I had a Singapore scenery by, I think, Andras Kozma (sp?) and he was using some cheap image he obtainedfor about $50 as far as I remember from a message back thenon Compuserve's FLIGHTSIM forum. But then the sim had a lotlower resolution. He posted a top-down screenshot that showedpart of the scenery. I'll see whether I still have it in thearchives.Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz

Guest flint008

>Try GlobeExplorer, not sure if they cover outside the US>though.>>ShezHi Shez,I have checked GlobeExplore, unfortunately their image gallery doesn't list hi-res images. Thanks anyway.Regards,David

Guest flint008

>Howdy,>>free worldwide Landsat imagery (15 and 30-m res) is available>here: http://glcf.umiacs.umd.edu/index.shtml (it's possible to>splice the 15-m greyscale Band 8 of the Landsat ETM data into>a true color composite of the 30-m Bands 1, 2, and 3).>>Or, you might get lucky with high-res data here:>http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/>>Cheers, Holger>> Hey Holger,I have checked both sites unfortunately they did not have hi-res images of Singapore. I'll keep checking. Thanks.Regards,David

Guest flint008

>Hi David,>>I guess what you want to create will then be payware ?>Years ago I had a Singapore scenery by, I think, Andras >Kozma (sp?) and he was using some cheap image he obtained>for about $50 as far as I remember from a message back then>on Compuserve's FLIGHTSIM forum. But then the sim had a lot>lower resolution. He posted a top-down screenshot that showed>part of the scenery. I'll see whether I still have it in the>archives.>>Cheers,>Siggy>Hi Siggy,I am looking for hi-res satellite imagery less than USD$200 because I intend to make my scenery free. I have created my first Singapore scenery as freeware (located in AVSIM).Regards,David

Hi David,That's very generous ! Try talking to Andras Kozma whodesigned the Singpore scenery for FS98. He had images,as far as I remember, that he bought for $50 (again, frommemory, I think he once posted a message on that on Compuserve).You find a possible e-mail address for him on the followingpage: http://www.scenery.org/members.htm (that address maynot be valid anymore, I used it in 1998 and it worked then).I really appreciate your effort of creating a freewareSingapore scenery and if I can help you in any way I will.Your CBD looks good, if it continues like this the final resultcould be outstanding !Cheers,Siggy

Siggy Schwarz