Sign in to follow this  
Guest Choclo

Placing objects in FS2004

Guest skydvdan1

Hi all, I am using FSDS to create my objects for my scenery project. My question is this: What are some of the ways to PRECISELY place my created objects in the flight sim? What is the easiest is what I should be asking. Currently the only way that I know of is to pull the coordinates from the simulator and place the object using those coordinates. Unfortunately the coordinate format is slightly different in FS2004 than it is in FSDS (XX:XX.XX vs. XX:XX:XX.XXXX). So I need some serious advice here. Just getting the object close is not good enough. Thanks in advance.Dan RelfeC-130 Flight EngineerUSAF

Hi Dan.You might want to download and use TCalc2004 ( tcalc_0.zip ) from the AVSIM library. It requires copying FDSConnection.dll to the FS9 Modules folder ( it's included ). Then start the sim, go to windowed mode so the sim is diplayed on the desktop, and start TCalc2004.Tcalc2004 gives a variety of information... Lat-Long in 3 different formats, ground elevation, and true heading ( need also to place objects accurately ). It also gives info regarding VTP and LWM data, the ID number for the probable default BGLs, and the CUSTOM landclass ID number.Here's a screenshot when slewing over my house location:http://webpages.charter.net/ludowr/MyHouse.jpgThe Lat-Long numbers can be selected and copied as text. :)Dick

Guest Choclo

Thanks Dick!!! I was looking for this one too!!