Sign in to follow this  
Guest btrpilot

FSSC Question regarding textures.

Guest kenmc

Hi Fellas Is it possible to add other textures to the lobby, windows, and penthouse sections of FSSC. The ones that are provided are good, but I have some others I would like to use. I could use EOD or GMAX but FSSC is so nice and easy to use that I would prefer to use it if I could. Thanks Ken

Hello Ken,I suppose that you refer to the Advanced Buildings (AdvBld) in FS Scenery Creator. The program does not come with any textures, but rather uses the default textures used by Microsoft for this kind of building. If you take a look at the default skyscrapers, terminals, or hangars, you will see that they are made with those textures.FS Scenery Creator allows you to make your own Advanced Buildings. The great advantages to this are the ease with which you can make buildings, and the use of the default textures, so you don't have to make your own, or load more textures in memory and reduce frame rates.If you replace one of the default textures with your own, the change will appear in all buildings throughout the FS world that use that texture. Alternatively, Derek Leung could allow the use of other textures in a future version of the program. But, this could take a while.If you only want a few buildings with different textures, the quickest and easiest solution is probably to make them using another program.Best regards.Luis

Guest btrpilot

Hi Ken Luis is right, if you want to use textures other than FS's default, your better off with EOD or some program like that. For simple cube shaped buildings, EOD is very user friendly and offers much more capability than FSSC's advanced buildings feature.Best wishes,Brandonhttp://brandonruiz.0catch.com/_webimages/Skair_Signature.JPG