Sign in to follow this  
victorwest2

Zooming in Ground2k4

Hello,Does anybody know a way I can zoom into detail in a Ground2k4 project without the area I'm interested in rushing off the edge of the screen when I click to centre it?

Guest victorwest

Thanks. I'll give that a go.Victor

All that does is zoom in, which is what I can do anyway.Anybody else know how to scroll in smaller increments?

Howdy Victor,it's a bit tricky to move around at very high zoom levels but you have three options:1. big steps, by clicking in the scroll bars2. medium steps, by clicking at the arrows on the ends of the scroll bars3. "free style", by grabbing the sliders on the scroll bar and moving them (hold left mouse button).The mouse wheel works too but only up and down and I think the steps are the same as No. 2 above.Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger but I've tried those method already and the area I want just ends up off the screen every time when I zoom very closely into it (I'm trying to get two polygons as close as possible).I'll just have to make do.

Hello Victor,Perhaps there is another way to approach the problem.Instead of attempting to place the polygons by viewing their position, you could look at the x,y coordinates. This will allow you to get them as close as possible - that is, draw them so that they are 1 Point away from each other.Alternatively, if you are having problems zooming in, try resizing your background image. Make it bigger, so that when you zoom in, the part you want does not disappear.I always resize my images so that each Area is 256 x 256 pixels. This way, there is a 1 to 1 correspondance between the pixels and the Points that can be drawn. But, you could make your image bigger, if you want. Of course, if you are already at the 10 000 pixel limit, then this is not a solution.Good luck.Best regards.Luis

>Instead of attempting to place the polygons by viewing their>position, you could look at the x,y coordinates. This will>allow you to get them as close as possible - that is, draw>them so that they are 1 Point away from each other.>Aha! An excellent idea Luis. Why didn't I think of that.