Sign in to follow this  
Guest dswo

Using default objects : tutorial ?

Guest Dominique

Is there a tutorial somewhere for adding FS9 default objects (tanks, ships, radio towers and the like)in your own scenery ?thanks Dominique

Salut Dominique,Please go to the official Flight Simulator site at http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...wnloads_sdk.aspand get the BGL Comp SDK (BGL Compiler Software Development Kit). It contains a list of all default scenery objects for all Microsoft flight games and instructions on how to place them.You might also think to get Makexml by Vladimir Svoboda (Cesmina), available in the AvSim library. This contains a complete illustrated list of all the default FS 2004 objects. Very useful.And, while you are there, perhaps you could take a look at Extra Objects Library v1.0 by Lars H

Guest Dominique

Hey Luis I'm overwhelmed !Thanks buddy, much appreciated...Dominique

Guest sapper42

DominiqueIf you want to place Default objects from the Lib into your scenery you will need the SDK for the compiler.I allso suggest you get TCalc2004 by Dick Ludowise so you can get the Lat Lon location that you want to place the object aswell as its heading and altitude as this will be invaluable.below is a sample source code that will place a default vehicle .sample code:<?xml version="1.0"?>end sample code:You now save the code in notepad as an XML file and drag the file over the BGLComp.exe to compile to a BGL file for use in FS9.If you want to add more than one object to the BGL file, the following code shows 2 objects.sample code:<?xml version="1.0"?>end sample code:you can keep adding objects as you wish.rgds Jeff

Guest PaulL01

>I allso suggest you get TCalc2004 by Dick Ludowise so you can>get the Lat Lon location that you want to place the object>aswell as its heading and altitude as this will be>invaluable.>>below is a sample source code that will place a default>vehicle .>>sample code:>><?xml version="1.0"?>>version="9.0">xmlns:xsi='http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance'>xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="bglcomp.xsd" >> alt="213.00"Cant Altitude just be set to >0< and then the object will sit exactly on the mesh, regardless of mesh changes etc.?This is how I have dode for all of my objects that I made using FSDS but I also will be using XML.Anyone know?

Guest Dominique

Thank you Jeff, I got the basic hang of the BGL comp now to place object but how I regret Allen's Kriesman Terramodels :)! Still, some appear when I place them some don't ! Oh well...Dominique

Guest sapper42

Alt can be Zero but you must make sure altitudeIsAgl="FALSE"If its above ground level then you must input a height, i allways add a height regardless of the altitudeIsAgl="FALSE" or altitudeIsAgl="TRUE" statement incase i need to place effects or objects at a known height instead of on the ground.rgds Jeff

Guest sapper42

Some of the Default objects wont show as they are locked to a set location as they wouldnt appear anywhere else in the world !rgds Jeff

Guest dswo

Today I used this to add the local football stadium (probably the biggest landmark in town). Am planning to add a water tower and a shopping center this evening, and will be using the multiple object format described above. Is there a "comment" feature to keep track of which object is which?

Guest krwynn

Download libobj2004.zip here at avsim...it gives a list of over 1800 lib objects you can free and which .bgl files the models are in....search this forum for a way to then make your own lib file and use these objects.

Guest Dominique

> Is there a>"comment" feature to keep track of which object is which?Look at this example. Does that answer your query ?Dominique

Guest dswo

That looks familiar! Thanks. One more question: I'm having trouble adding multiple objects in a single file. The file will compile to BGL, but when I go into FS, the objects aren't there. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? (I'd say "typing carelessly," except that the file does compile all right...)

Guest Dominique

Being a newbie there I've faced that problems many times in the recent days. Multiple reasons I guess but first check carefully your altitude and the boolean switch (AGL/MSL) to be sure that the item is not below surface or 150 feet above where you're looking.But remember that some objects seem to be NON displayable too.Hope that helps.Dominique

Guest PaulL01

>Download libobj2004.zip here at avsim...it gives a list of>over 1800 lib objects you can free and which .bgl files the>models are in....search this forum for a way to then make your>own lib file and use these objects.>>>hmmm, Searched but I Can't find this, anyone have a link or has it been removed?

Hi Paul,no, it's there. The trick is to ensure that there is no space at the end of your search term. I.e., if you copy and paste the file name in the thread above you'll end up with an extra space at the end and the library search engine can't handle that (doh!).I must say, though, that that particular list isn't all that helpful, IMO, because it lacks any visual aids. I suggest using Kevin Ryan's file instead (if you have EXCEL) - http://www.simviation.com/fs2004utilities2.htm - and/or the two autogen macro files by Roberto Furlan and Arno Gerretsen, respectively, here in the library: autogenmacros2k4.zip and agmac2k4.zipCheers, Holger