Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmfabio

Large area bgls

Guest jmfabio

Greetings,I am currently working on ww2 era scenery for the state of Pennsylvania for CFS2. Is there an expedient way to place radio towers (or other such objects)statewide in one bgl? Or must I make a bgl for each tower or grouping of towers? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.Regards,Joe

Hi Joe,if you download the MS FS2004 BglComp SDK the documents will tell you all you need to know. The XML code is quite easy to learn and edit and you can place hundreds of objects into one file.Alternatively, you could use SBuilder or some other tool for placing objects but I find the copy&paste approach of XML code in a text editor much easier and faster, particularly if you have many of the same objects.Cheers, Holger

Hi Joe.Holger seems to have missed it, but this is for CFS2, and XML will not work.This can get quite complicated. Are the objects the default CFS2 library objects? Or are they API objects... coded in SCASM? Gmax-made objects?Older programs like FSSC or airport could place them, but if you have a list of geographic locations, another approach could be used. There are CFS2 mission builders that could also be used, and may actually be more of what you want.Netwings forums might also help:http://netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgior try sim-outhouse:http://www.cfcforums.com/index.phpDick

Guest jmfabio

Holger,Thanks for the reply, but after having some success in FS9 with some of the library objects in the 2004 compiler sdk, I have not had any success using xml in CFS2. I see that Rhumbaflappy has just said that xml will not work in CFS2. Thanks for the help and I will continue with the xml in FS9.Regards,Joe

Guest jmfabio

Dick, Thanks for the reply. I found out the hard way xml won't work in cfs2. I had planned on using an api of a radio tower to be placed at many locations. I would rather not place them by hand using FSSC if possible, but would like to do it "in one fell swoop" with one bgl. Is it possible to list the locations in a text file of some sort like xml, but compile with scasm?Regards, joe

Guest crashaz_1

Hey Joe... there is an answer for CFS2.Go on over to www.sim-outhouse.com forums...Landscapers and Developers. We can help you there. :)