Sign in to follow this  

Airport 2000 Vol 3

Does anyone else have a problem with Airport 2000 Vol 3 patched for FS2002 and very Slow frame rate. I have gone done to mins on the scenery and I still can not get the frame rate up. Even flying across the bay and I pan toward the airport the frame rate drops from 20 fps to 3-5 fps. On approach I get 2-3 fps and I have it down to min scenery on FS2002. I was wondering what the problem is. This happens with KSFO. If anyone has a solution please let me know. I m running a P-III 966 with max memory and AYI card 7200. Everywgere else I get 15-25 fps. I get good frame rate with German Airpors and Enlish Airports too. I even reduced my AI traffic to 0 and nothing changed in frame rate with KSFO. Thanks for any help in advance.David AlbrightFAA Flight dispatcherSingle and Mult-engine rated pilot

Guest drobson

That's typical of Vol. 3. It was no good in fs2000, and has not improved for fs2002. I've removed it from my system because it is just totally unusable.Darrell

jerrycwo4I spent $75000 for a computer to run airports just like AIRPORT 2000 ( vol 1,2 or 3) but even mine will NOT run them satisfactory, in fact I didn't even try them on Fs2002, not worth the effort because I know they will not run up to my standards. I do NOT like anything LESS than 15 FPS. jerryI ave about 38-40 FPS on FS2002

Guest WorkingStiff

Seventy-five thousand dollars on a computer?Hmmm....I got a bridge I could sell ya.

Remove the static planes and you will see a 5-10+ FPS jump :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Hi,If you remove all the static and dynamic scenery you will obtain good frame rate airport in Airport 2000 vol 3. All the airplanes will disappear but youll still have the buildings, taxiways,etc..Remove al the files with the extension *.std and *.dyn under the airport 2000 scenery directory and se if that works.CheersJaimeH

Anyone know of some decent scenery for FS2002 KSFO that isn't a frame-killer like Airport 2000? There doesn't appear to be any in the libraries.Geoff