Sign in to follow this  
GHD

Need compiling help

Guest cloudbase

Hi, I am needing some help to compile an executable program under Windows XP pro.I am wanting to experiment with a program called Image Analogieshttp://mrl.nyu.edu/projects/image-analogies/The purpose of this program is to test generating some photorealistic flight sim scenery, there is a flight sim example link in the link given above. The software is free to download and usehttp://mrl.nyu.edu/projects/image-analogies/lf/There are executable files for linux and Win 2000 and the required source files for compiling to other systems, I run Win Xp Pro and have tried and failed to compile an executable file.I was wondering if there are any computer literate individuals that may be able to help me out here as I am very much a novice in this area.What I want to test is the coloring of black and white images. I firstly train the program to generate a coloring filter by using a color image and the related greyscale image, then I have a heap of greyscale images to color using the learned filters. What is also more intriguing with this program is that you can use a simple map and a related photorealistic image of the same region then apply the filter to other map images of different regions resulting in photorealistic images for scenery generation.Thanx

Guest cloudbase

Thankyou for your reply, I know the exe is included but it is designed for Win 2000, I run Win XP Pro and I cant seem to get it to work, I have tried placing the dll files in the windows/system32 folder but the program dosnt seem to run, I have also tried compiling the C++ files myself with no success, not that I have used c++ before.>>If you downloaded this:>>>>http://mrl.nyu.edu/projects/image-analogies/lf/lf.tar.gz>>>>then the windows executable is included:>>>>"lfWindows.exe">>>>Don't forget to put the dll's in your search path.>>George>

>Thankyou for your reply, I know the exe is included but it is>designed for Win 2000, I run Win XP Pro and I cant seem to get>it to work, I have tried placing the dll files in the>windows/system32 folder but the program dosnt seem to run, I>have also tried compiling the C++ files myself with no>success, not that I have used c++ before.Normally a Win2000 EXE file should work fine under WinXP as well. Placing the DLL files in the same folder as the EXE should also work fine under WinXP.When you say that the EXE is not working, do you get any error or so?

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog