Sign in to follow this  
Guest flyfun

Troubles with Slarti and AutoASM...any help?

Guest flyfun

Dear Chris;indeed increasing memory size - fix the overflow problem.just little push right at the end - when compile lwm vtp - get error - http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/89791.gifwhat is it that autoasm is looking for??it happens with the default project you also included - therefore i'm really stuck on this one!txmarc

Guest flyfun

EEEKK ; it works now!! it was a project loading sequence problem!! ofcourse at my end!!tx for the help - and support - Chris kindly offered!marc

One possible area of user error is if the user drags the files from the WinZip window to a folder. The required forlders are then not created.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Sorry about not answering faster, I've been a little out of touch in places where they don't have power let alone a net connection :)It sounds like you're loading a colour image into Slarti. This would explain the message about the wrong number of channels, and having the wrong number of lines loaded. Make sure your image is a true greyscale one, not a colour one that happens to only have grey pixels. In photoshop, it's something like 'Image->Mode->Grey' - can't remember exactly.8 or 16-bit mode may or may not matter, depending on your data. If it's a simple mask or a fake watermap with only a few different elevations (ocean,lake,land,ignore) then 8-bit is fine and will take less space on disk. If it contains true elevations then you need to stick to 16-bit.If you didn't download the update of (around) August 29th, get that too. There were some problems in the code for loading UTM images, but I think they only affected RAW data (i.e. not bitmaps, PNG, TIF etc).HTH,Jim