Sign in to follow this  

Final Approach - FS2K

Hi all,General discussion. Falcon 50 or for that matter other jets, precision on the last mile to touch down in this sim.I have a very quick system, Dell 8200 2 gig, 256, GeForce 64 DDR, Microsoft Pro digital joystick. FS2K seems to be inaccurate on final, the last few hundred feet. What was accurate on controls before this final, seems to be too inaccurate just before touchdown. Joystick sensitivity could be an issue, but it's been calibrated for the sim.Not to say I haven't had great landings, I have, but some are dead no matter what I do. I just wonder if the problem is with the code for MS's various airports in their code.FWIW,Greg

In fs2k2 unless the aircraft has autoland which the falcon 50 or any other default aircraft dont. You always turn off the autopilot at about 500 ft and hand fly the airplane all the way to touchdown. I think thats what they do in real life if they arent gonna be doing an autoland.

While I have yet to make a landing on the Falcon which I would consider "dead" (I've had a couple of bumpy ones due to miscalculation of descent rate), I do notice that even if I've gotten everything down (VRef, Flaps/Gear Config, VS, ILS aligned) and the winds are constant while hand-flying the Final segment, the last mile or so always needs a correction.This is the first jet I've flown in FS2K2 so I wouldn't know if it applies to the others. The props I used to fly didn't have such a phenomenon tough.I have a similar joystick setup to the original poster's.-Leon Medado

There needs to be more information here.I assume it is known that that ils course corrections gets more sensitive the closer to it that you get. In the last mile I have never hand flown flown an approach that doesn't require adjustments-it is very sensitive at this point.Perhaps these would be helpful:http://www.pcaviator.com.au/articles/cpv2i...lintoltoils.pdfhttp://www.s-tec.com/newsletters/pilot396ils.htmlhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

The Falcon, having very draggy flaps, is susceptable to risky landings if the a/p is disconnected late and you get low and slow. In fact the real Falcon has slightly higher angle of attack on approach than the Fs2002 version tends to have (unless loaded to the gills) but we did design it to need quick pilot/ thrust reactions if you got below the slope.In Fs2000 it was possible for developers to make auto land (or at least "nearly" autoland) work quite well, but FS2002 has the a/p functions all but wiped out of the airfile and late ILS run-ins are very dodgy now.Best Regards,Rob Young

Thanks Rob that's just the info. I needed. I guess it really flies that way. :-)-Leon Medado