Sign in to follow this  

Ground2K4 "ghosts"

Howdy,I was having a problem locating scetions of a river I had drawn in order to move it over a bit since it was oozing up the hillside. I couldn't get the exact location and finally drew a couple of LWM polys in the shape of an arrow to narrow the location. After making the river corrections I deleted the two polys. They disappeared from Ground2K4 but continued to appear in Flight Simulator. I finally returned to an earlier bgl file that I had fortunately saved in order to get rid of the polys. This problem occurred previously with a bridge that I had drawn and wanted to remove. Has anyone had this problem? If so, how did you eliminate it?Thanks.Wil

This is a bit of a WAG on my part, but I know Ground2K4 produces a set of bgls, not just one, whenever you compile a project. It's possible that polys you originally created were the only ones in the specific bgl that G2k4 compiled. In other words, if the objects were the only one in layer 5, and you deleted them, then G2k4 would not create a new bgl for that layer when you compile again. But neither would it delete the old bgl, so the object would persist in FS even though you'd recompiled the project. I'd suggest removing all the G2k4-created bgls from FS and then recompiling. Then put them in FS (if you don't already have G2k doing that for you) and restart the sim. Hey, it might work!Good luck,

Hello Bill,I did manage to get rid of the arrows by using a previous BGL, but if the problem reappears I'll give your suggestion a try.I have little problem shooting myself in the foot with this scenery stuff, so stay tuned.Thanks for your help.Wil