Sign in to follow this  
CactusDx

"Charlie-Victor-Romeo" - A Must Read Thread!

Good Day Everyone,I have just returned from one of the most amazing theatrical performances I believe I have ever seen or will likely ever see. I am referring to a performance of Charlie Victor Romeo.This text is taken directly from their website: http://www.charlievictorromeo.com/One of the most unique and riveting theatrical experiences to hit New York in seasons, CHARLIE VICTOR ROMEO (CVR) is a live performance documentary derived entirely from the "Black Box" transcripts of six major real-life airline emergencies. Allowing the audience into the tension-filled cockpits of actual flights in distress, CHARLIE VICTOR ROMEO is a fascinating portrait of the psychology of crisis and a testimony to the ability to live to the last second of life. What is going on up there behind the door in the front of the airplane? Who are these people we trust our lives to, and what do they really do when things go horribly wrong?Embraced by the aviation community for its unsparing truthfulness and dedication to its non-sensational approach, CHARLIE VICTOR ROMEO has been filmed by the US Air Force as a training video for pilots and has been observed by West Point cadets enrolled in courses studying engineering psychology and human error. It is estimated that over one-third of the production's audience have been members of the aviation community.The performance reconstructs six significant accidents. They are:American Airlines Flight 1572MD-83East Granby, ConnecticutNovember 12, 1995Simmons Airlines (American Eagle) Flight 4184ATR-72Roselawn, IndianaOctober 31, 1994AeroPeru Airlines Flight 603B757Lima, PeruOctober 12, 1996United States Air Force Yukla 27Boeing AWACS E-3Elmendorf,AlaskaSeptember 22, 1995Japan Airlines Flight 123B747-400Mt. Osuka, JapanAugust 12, 1985United Airlines Flight 232DC-10Sioux City, IowaJuly 19, 1989The total experience of this production is virtually beyond words. With a complete surround sound set-up you literally feel like you are riding in the jumpseat. The intensity with which each reconstruction is delivered will leave you unconciously gripping the armrest of your seat and clenching your jaw so hard your muscles will be sore afterwards. As an aviation professional myself, I highly recommend watching their web site for a performance near you. You will not want to miss this!Mike CollierKPHX[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=2] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] America West Airlines and proud to be a Beta Tester of[link:www.jdtllc.com]Radar Contact]The premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Guest PhilC

This is very interesting and the web site says so much more. I'm going to have to catch this one.Thanks for turning us onto this Mike.

Mike:Thanks for sharing the information and your experience with us. As a great fan and avid reader of "aftermath" type flight scenarios, this is very interesting to me and I will definitely try to catch it somewhere!Alex CN562ZMinneapolis

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Hi James,I had a chance to speak with one of the creators of the CVR project after the performance. He mentioned that they had just returned from Australia. Their website has an area to inquire/request performances. Perhaps you could contact them and inquire about upcoming performances in your area?Mike CollierKPHX[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=2] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] America West Airlines and proud to be a Beta Tester of[link:www.jdtllc.com]Radar Contact]The premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

I just bought 3 tickets through Ticketmaster for the performance on May 29, in Columbus, OH. Sounds like a good show! Thanks for the heads up.

Hi Dan,It's more than good, it's absolutely stunning. (In my opinion anyway):7Enjoy and let us know what you think after you see it.Mike CollierKPHX[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=2] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td] America West Airlines and proud to be a Beta Tester of[link:www.jdtllc.com]Radar Contact]The premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS