Sign in to follow this  
Guest JamesJ

No Joy with EXcBuilderV2

Guest JamesJ

In my previous thread about my very own airport, I was advised to use this program to create an exclude file. When I try to run it, it says I need MSSTDFMT.dll on my machine. I found this, installed it in modules in Fs9, still get the message that I need it. Also when starting Fs9 I get the incompatible software warning, and whe I elected to load it, the sim crashed. I also copied it to Windows/AppPatch, {where I found several other .dll files but still no joy. Does anyone know where this file should go? JamesJ

What you probably need is the MSXML4SDK file installed. You will need the above if you are going to do any scenery development using any of the FS2004 SDKs. Visit http://www.airportforwindows.com/ , download SceneGenX and the MSXML on your computer. Also visit http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ , downloads, FS2004SDK, download and install the scenery SDKs. You will need to copy BGLCOMP.EXE and BGLCOMP.XSD into any stand-alone program that doesn't supply it before you will be able to compile.W. Sieffert

Guest JamesJ

I think I have done all these things, Mr Seifert, but I still get the following error message when I try to run ExecBuilderV2 "Class not registered You need the following file to be installed on your machine" MSSTDFMT.DLL I've downloaded it but where do I put it? JamesJ

Hi James,I don't think the .dll belongs in FS9modules. On my computer it's in C:WindowsSystemFurther to the excludes themselves: The problem with autogen is that it's often tedious to get rid of because you'd have to make many small exclude files to avoid excluding other objects as well. If that doesn't work out at you airfield you have other options. One would be to change the local landclass to a type without autogen (using EZ-Landclass or Landclass Assistant), another to draw a VTP2 polygon in Ground2K4 that covers the airport area with an autogen-free texture of your choice (I believe some of the airport tools have the same capability but I'm not positive).Cheers, Holger

comes to my mind when I see someone struggle with a tool, why not just write his exclude direclty in xml. If you are really against this just tell me, but its really easy. If you want to try, the bglcomp sdk provides a pretty good description of what you need.Excludes are so easy to code, I can't imaging a reason to use a gui tool for doing it.Bob B

For the simple reason that when you have a ton of objects to exclude, it's easier to slew around in FS to pick off the coords rather than copying everything down. If there was a util to allow capture of slew position to a log file, that could serve the purpose. Then it would be easy to build an exclude or other input file.scott s..

Hi Scott,"If there was a util to allow capture of slew position to a log file, that could serve the purpose."I believe Steve Greenwood's FSTFlatten, though meant for a different purpose, does have the option of writing a log file of all coordinate pairs collected in FS9 slew mode via mouse-clicks: http://www.fs-traveler.com/flatten.shtmlCheers, Holger

ya, the ideal clicker tool would be nice. Tcalc by Dick L records position, but its still a cut and paste to put into the xml...not that big a deal I guess. Arno has obplacer which writes an old fashioned scasm code, but its easy to cut and paste from the scasm into the xml.Cheers,B

Guest JamesJ

Mr Bernstein, thanks for the post..I don't know anything about xml. I searched on Microsft for this bglcomp sdk, but no joy. Perhaps it's in another SDK? JamesJ

THis is the link:http://download.microsoft.com/download/b/9...comp2_setup.exeAfter you skim it you can refer to this working xml code. The only bummer about xml is that its very finiky to white space, where html ignored white space. c'est la vie._________________________________________________________________<?xml version="1.0"?>_____________________________________________________________________Good luck,Bob

Guest JamesJ

I can't seem to get any of this to work. If you or anyone could make me an exclude file for the following location I would really appreciate it..Nw corner n30*28.2893/w87*04.6739..Ne n308276944/w87*04.5259..Sw n30*282710/w87*03.7227..Sen30*2727491/87*03.7355..JamesJ..jnjatwhisper@mchsi.com

James, your box isn't square to the long/lat...so I had to choose one of the min latitudes, etc...I may not have chosen as you would, but here is a zip file, in it is the xml file, and then the bgl file you get from compiling the xml.Hope this helps.Bob

Guest JamesJ

Thanks very much, sir, I have downloaded and unzipped it, now I don't quite know what to do with it. Does it go in the autogen folder or someplace else.. thanks again JamesJ

Guest JamesJ

Ok, I found the place, through trial and error, works great, thanks again..JamesJ