Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vauchez

TaxiwaySign xml label

Guest Vauchez

Hi all.I know this subject has been covered before (and for the most of it answered to), but I am looking for additionnal info.The texture sheet used to generate the signs (aptsign.bmp) also covers the "ils hold", "runway hold" and "no entry symbols". It also has a white letters on black background portion to it (this is for distance markers along runways), on top of the rwy(m), location(l) and direction (d) we all know.Anyone knows which ascii code would be used to access these?Vauchez

The BGLCOMP_SDK doesn't mention but three types of signs:Location (l) sign: yellow lettering on black backgroundDirection (d) sign: black lettering on yellow backgroundRunway ® sign: white lettering on red backgroundI can only recommend trying different starting letters minus the ones already uses, i.e., l, d, r to see if any of them cause the white letters on a black background to be used. Please let us know what you find out.W. Sieffert

Okay, I waited all morning and half the afternoon for you to discover the secret! :-lolTry i1000 - Information (i) and you will get white lettering on a black background!I guess I just found an undocumented item for the BGLCOMP_SDK.doc.I also want to correct an error in my first post above:Change:Runway ® sign: white lettering on red backgroundto:Runway (m) sign: white lettering on red backgroundSign away, Hi-Ho Silver! Who was that Sign man anyway!?W. Sieffert

Guest Vauchez

Great one Mr Sieffert!Thanks a million! Now I will do my bit and try to find the hold short symbols and the no entry one.Vauchez.

Guest Vauchez

Ok, here it is!It didn't take too long, and it's kind of nice to uncover undocumented stuff I hope will be usefull for many.Here are the undocumented codes for the TaxiwaySign label:i White on black background (distance markers) as found by Mr. Sieffertthe additionnal signs are as follows:| vertical divider= ILS hold short# hold shortx no entry. dotv backward arrow_ space (same as space with spacebar)This now covers the whole texture sheet!Happy signing!Vauchez.