Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildfire563

Misplaced bodies of water

Guest wildfire563

I have been working on KASH in Nashua, NH, and now my work is spreading to slightly outside of my airport. So far I have been using AFCAD and SGX. I'd like to edit some bodies of water and roads. I bought USA Roads, but a road around the airport isn't quite right, and I'd like to fix it. Plus there are a couple of bodies of water that aren't quite right. What would you suggest for setting up landclass in the Nashua, NH area? Has anybody done any work in that area? I've tried to sit down with Ground2k4 a couple of times, but, even going through their directions, I don't quite get how to use it.How do you exclude Autogen?Finally, I'd like to understand how to use a photoreal picture for scenery. Could somebody explain what tools and sources are best for these four items? I don't believe SGX was designed for these sorts of things. Can it be used for any of it?Thank you,Thomas

Guest wildfire563

I've been flying around the Nashua area some more in FS9, and, boy, the bodies of water in the area are just horrible compared to reality. There is a huge lake north of the airport that is really just a small pond, and Silver Lake, a huge landmark when approaching KASH from the west, doesn't even exist, not to mention lots of other ponds and lakes.Has anyone redone the bodies of water in the NE US? Does the redone landclass data by FSGenesis or anybody else address where lakes and such are and how big they are?Thanks,Thomas

Guest wildfire563

I loaded Michael Oulette's Landclass data, and it definately helps. Interesting thing is there is dirt where there should be lakes and ponds, but that's cool, it definately made the building spread look better.Thanks,Thomas