Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Methods for Photoreal Nighttime Textures?

Hello all -This is a question to pose to all of you with photoreal experience. Having just discovered that USAPhotoMaps can access the "Urban" aerial photo library from terraserver, I am salivating at the possibilities of working on my local area in photoreal.The first hiccup I am getting to, however, is nighttime! How does one effectively create nighttime textures when using photoreal? I presume darkening the source image and overlaying some sort of light effects on top would be ideal, but does anyone have any great tips for doing that?(Will MSFS's night textures come into play, or will all the other textures be nullified when I start using photoreal in an area?)I've sucessfully used the reprojection steps (topic 20484 - WELL WORTH IT!) to create sources for a Ground2K4 project, and I presume I'll be able to use it again to create this. I am getting that evil Mr. Burns look, gnashing my fingernails at the possibilities!-Greg

<>lolI've been dissatified by the filtering of the daytime image. Seems fs9 handles the remaining color oddly during night. You get purpley splotches....I've found some nice results from modifying ms standard nighttime texture for the area, editing based on roads for the actual texture, and resaving using the logical filename.Good luck!Bob

I could suggest something in SCASM but I think Mr Bernstein and the rest would not be happy with me for suggesting such an outdated method... :( Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I'm a complete novice at scenery but is there any way that photeal scenery could be automatically disabled depending on time of day or the day/night setting?I have UK VFR scenery which is in separate areas with priorities 1 - 17 (inc). I could disable/enable them manually but it would be tedious.Gerry