Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Slartibartfast FAQs

Guest jimkeir

Hi all,I've just put up a page of FAQs for Slartibartfast. If you have any suggestions for it, let me know.http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/AutoGen/index.htmlI'll (probably :) ) be uploading it to the file library on Monday with a couple of bugfixes, mainly to do with the BLN and SBX exporting.Thanks for the interest in this! I've spent a long time writing it, and it's very good to see people using it. I know of several freeware projects already, and even a couple of commercial ones in the pipeline. If you're working on something and would like me to add a link to my website, drop me a line and I'll be happy to add it.Regards,Jim Keir

Guest luissa

Hello Jim,Good to see Starti growing. This note is just to tell you that in your html FAQ I can not see the character "'" as in "I'm not sure if it's because of my IE6.0 browser". I am seeing :you'll find the answer there.instead of : you'll find the answer there.Regards, Luis

Guest jimkeir

Hi. yes, you're right. It *is* IE6 but for once it's correct and it's the others that arent. aren't, sorry :) I've changed it - should be OK now. I checked in Mozilla, Firefox, Konqueror, Opera and IE5...Thanks,Jim

Guest vlada stoje

Hi guys,sorry the finish of the kitchen for my wife one from the best has now the preference above the more often situation (Vlada with PC), so I couldn

Guest jimkeir

Hi.Many thanks! It's always nice to hear that people are using this stuff. I've not had much feedback at all and I couldn't work out whether people were using it or not. Your machine stats are useful too.I had intended to upload the 'official' first release to AVSim yesterday but I was ill for a few days and didn't get some fixes completed in time. Lake detection will be improved and there are some fixes to the SBuilder export.I think there will always be room for a variety of tools, mainly because they all work in different ways! Slarti has the ability to export its results to SBuilder, for example, because you may need to make some changes afterwards. This is always how I'd seen it being used - creating a base set of terrain, water, landclass etc. which would then be customised using whatever tools people already liked.I'm still open to suggestions, particularly for the FAQs or manual but also for the program.Cheers,Jim Keir

Since most of my scenery design has been above the terrain, I haven't used LWMViewer or Slartibartfast to any great extent. I recently started into the terrain area using LWMViewer and SBuilder in expanding my knowledge of terrain scenery design.You programs, as well as SBuilder by Luis Sa, Ground2K* by Christian Fumey, AutoASM by Chris Wright, various addons and programs by Dick Ludowise, and many other past and present designers, keeps the scenery design world interesting and manageable to use for us novices.Without your tools, we would not see such strides in improving an already good product.When AVSIM or FLIGHTSIM have their polls, I always mark the tools area for what I download the most.W. Sieffert