Sign in to follow this  
Guest tasnvs

Gaps between textures

Guest Horst

Hello,Flying around in the mountains, sometimes I see a gap or crack between textures.So I did a poly over the mountains with only one texture, to see myself the effect easier.I tried a lot of sliders in FS9, but can not see an other result.I think, it has something to do with the level of detail, which I should see.Anyone here, you can give a small answer, or a link, were it was discussed?Always the closer gaps are gone, and the next come up.ThanksHorst(I hope you see the shots)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/92298.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/92299.jpg

Hi Horst,the effect you see is sadly typical for all VTP2 polygons. It can be reduced by placing landclass with similar color and texture below the polygon area. Or, it can be completely eliminated by a trick with an underlying LWM poly and local waterclass file that I posted here awhile ago. Unfortunately, that trick won't help with many different types of VTP2 in close proximity and it has the side effect of showing the "fake" lakes in GPS and map view.However, you seem to indicate that you've observed this "effect" even without VTP2 polygons? The only "texture tearing" I know of with regular landclass coverage is at the (moving) edge of two mesh files of very different resolution.Perhaps I don't quite follow your question?Cheers, Holger

Hi Horst,Landclass #122 is actually "Ice", not "Rock Ice", which is #142. The equivalent texture names are 001b2*.bmp and it is listed in the SDK under Texture Number "1".This class is unique among the non-settlement classes that it includes a special blending mask, 001b2m11.bmp. Maybe yours went missing somehow and that's why you see the grid lines?I'm using this class extensively for my LC projects and I've never noticed any gaps like that.Cheers, Holger

Guest Horst

Hello Holger,It is not a big problem here (and maybe it is gone with the patch)Only, I get no grips to that!In winter season, it is not extreme.The textures, you named (I should study more), I am using (and they are the originals) are saved on 21.05.2003 17:07 and have a size of 43kb.001b2m11.bmp is 66 kb, same time.Kind regardsHorst

Guest tasnvs

HiI think it may by your display or system not keeping upI get the same effects with snow areas in the default MS but I have found that if I sit or move around in slew modethat the textures will eventually move and they mergeinto one.Cheers Norman