Sign in to follow this  
Guest Huskydriver

Republic Farmingdale KFRG

Three weeks later, Dark Moment waits patiently. Tripping over his beard as he steps to the refrigerator for yet another beer, he is thankful that he put ten cases in there to start with. Two left. Will the answer come before the last drop is drained, he wonders? Sitting down once more, staring at the screen, he continues to wait ...Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Mark, I thought about this one as I have done some decent scenery for myself but not uploaded any. Of all the things i do in FS scenry is one of the funnest and most consuming. I went over to Farmingdale and noticed that microsoft has the airport goundcover set as what looks like the desert terrain, brown and crummy looking. I dont know yet how to make the ground a different type and this would need to be fixed If I was going to mess with it. I use Justins FS Genesis Landclass with my sim and would set up the scenery using it. If its not this way by default then maybe i will look into it. I fly a good bit around New England too. It might take a few weeks but I think you would like the result. Here is an example of my work at KPWM, Portland Maine, check it against the default and you will see how much better this is!http://www.x-plane.org/users/hornit/ramp.jpgHornit

Guest Huskydriver

Hornit:Please, Please post the KPWM scenery. I have flown out of that airport numerous times (my wife is from South Portland) and am glad that someone did the terminal, parking and ramp area. Even if you don't post it on Avsim, I would love to have a copy of it.Sorry, Mark. Didn't mean to get your hopes up that this message was about Farmingdale....