Sign in to follow this  
Guest KPAE

FS2004SDK BGLCOMP.EXE Question

Guest Dizzy Duck

How do you run this thing? Where does the .bgl file it creates end up after it's created. I know where to put the finshed BGL but I cant find the one it created (If any was done)I just cant figure out how to run the compiler or what to do with the text file i created to run with the compiler.Do you have togo to a dos command to run it. If I click on the exe file it just flashes fast. Nothing happens! How do you direct the text file to it or just run it at all. Im lost. God knows Im forgetting something but who knows what.Help!!Thanks Jim

You can either drag and drop your text file on to BGLCOMP or you can run it from a DOS box. By default, the bgl will be created in the same folder from where you run BGLCOMP.George

Guest Dizzy Duck

The scenery object add portion works but the exclude file im sending just gets kicked out and nothing happens.Here is the code im sending:<?xml version="1.0"?>look over it Am I missing something

This is where a lot of desktop shortcuts can help. I put BGLComp in my working folder, and create shortcuts on the desktop to BGLComp, the working folder and the actual scenery folder I'm working on.Then when I need to compile I just drag the XML file onto the desktop shortcut -- no need to search for BGLComp in the list of files. Then I drag the resulting BGL file into the actual scenery folder -- this allows me one last check (Windows asks if I want to replace the old one) before committing myself.Visit the Windowlight forum on Avsim... everything you need to know about New Zealand flightsim sceneryhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...forum=203&page=

Am I the only one that has simply put the BGLComp SDK on my windows path? Now I can with a simple command prompt screen call the compiler from any folder I like. But I guess this use of DOS and path is not really the windows drag-and-drop mentality :D.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

Guest Firestriker

Arno,Your not alone! Ahhhhhh... sweet simplicity... :-beerchug Lou

I'd say your too young Arno, to know anything about DOS.On the other hand, I so old I remember and forget DOS on a regular basis!!Now were did I put all those key punch cards to run my batch program!!Honey, See if the Burrows 3500 is up and running! I might want to compile later!!For the original poster. See the replacement file I provided for you in the FSSC forum.W. Sieffert

Guest JoeW

A short rule when making Excludes."Thou shalt face north before reading the coords."Read and place the Northwest coords first and the Southeast one last.Joe W.

Guest Dizzy Duck

LOL Good Rule!Ill follow it!Got it all figured out... I think... HAHAHAHIll Pester you Guys Later..Jim

Guest KPAE

Jim,I was having the same problems as well. You will need to install MSXML (version 4) if you have not done so already. Then you can drap and drop your xml files onto the Bglcomp.exe and the resulting .bgl file will be placed in the folder that comtains the Bglcomp.exe and the bglcomp.xsd. Here is the link....http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/6...1629c/msxml.msiShawn AndersonEverett, WA U.S.Ahttp://www.onlinesimulationsolutions.com/sigs/saosssig.jpg